Action on Hearing Loss needs you!
Hearing Aid Support Volunteer, Action on Hearing Loss
The role is to provide support and advice to hearing aid users, their families, carers, community groups and professionals.
- Visit service users within their homes, residential/day care centres and walk-in clinics in and around Wandsworth
- Undertake basic maintenance on hearing aids such as re-tubing and battery replacement
- Signpost to other agencies that may be beneficial to the service user
- Monitor the number of visits carried out and feedback to the supervisor
- Promote the work of Action on Hearing Loss
Benefits to the volunteer
- Training - learning new skills, and gaining up-to-date knowledge of issues affecting deaf and hard of hearing people
- Experience - meeting new people in different situations, building new friendships with other Action on Hearing Loss volunteers
- Valuable experience for CV
- Fulfilment - knowing that the information provided will make a real difference to those who receive it, and raising deaf awareness throughout society as a whole
- Expenses - all expenses incurred as a result of volunteering will be reimbursed, according to the Action on Hearing Loss expenses policy
- Opportunity to visit different Action on Hearing Loss sites and projects
- Opportunity to try other volunteering roles within Action on Hearing Loss
Skills & Qualifications Required
- Knowledge of or willingness to learn about issues affecting deaf and hard of hearing people
- Friendly, reliable, approachable and enthusiastic
- Ability to listen to questions and answer appropriately
- Happy to work with a wide range of people especially the elderly
Already registered with us? E-mail us or call us on 0300 365 9950 to get involved.