Opportunity of the Month @ Love Food Hate Waste
This month's featured volunteer opportunity is:
Food Champions, Love Food Hate Waste
Love food? Hate food waste? Come and join the Love Food Hate Waste Project. We are looking for volunteers to help us pass on Love Food Hate Waste tips and advices of how to reduce food waste to others, providing as little or as much time as you can.
Love Food Hate Waste is a national campaign aiming to reduce the population's massive food and drink waste, the current levels of which impose a huge burden on both the environment and the money in our pockets. The project offers information on shopping, cooking and storing your food with tons of ideas to help us all make the best food choices for ourselves.
As a local Food Champion, you are the enthusiastic hero at the forefront of making positive changes by spreading the word to family, friends, colleagues and local groups you are involved with. It is a role designed to fit with your own lifestyle and your own pace that ultimately benefits you and our environment!
You will receive free training, resources and support from your local Volunteer Co-ordinator to help you deliver the Love Food Hate Waste message. Once you're ready to go these are just some activities you could think about:
- Run a Love Food Hate Waste week at work
- Encourage others to join our network of Food Champions
- Organise for a few friends or colleagues to get together so you can pass on Love Food Hate Waste tips and advice
- Ask local parenting groups, allotment groups, food groups if they would like a talk from you
- Provide support to your Local Authority when they are running events
- Get together a group to take the food waste challenge by completing a Love Food Hate Waste Diary
Skills & Qualifications Required
Good communication skills, outgoing. Experience in engaging with the community, organising and marketing events desirable, but not essential.
Already registered with us? E-mail us or call us on 0300 365 9950 to get involved.