Opportunity of the Week @ Independent Age
This second of two featured volunteer opportunities this week is:
Could you be an ambassador for Independent Age in your local area? If you are or want to be active in your community and enjoy meeting and talking to new people this could be the role for you.
Traditionally known as 'Organising Volunteers', our community ambassadors help us to raise our profile, attract volunteer visitors for older people and manage a team of existing volunteers in their area.
A perfect role for somebody who is already, or wants to become active in their local community, volunteers play an essential role in helping isolated people in their local community, and act as a local coordinator for the charity.
Our network of Organising Volunteers provide a vital link for Independent Age within their local areas, enabling us to offer continued support to people who really need it.
So, if you have a few hours a month to spare and would like to make a real difference to the lives of older people in your area contact one of our local reps.
This role is only available to people aged 18+.
All expenses are covered and full induction/training is offered to all new volunteers.
Benefits to the Volunteer
- Feeling part of a worthwhile charity
- Enhancing the lives of older people
- Meeting and working with new people
- Learning new skills
Skills & Qualifications Required
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Strong negotiation and persuasive skills
- Ability to lead a team of volunteers towards achieving a given objective
- Ability to write in plain English
- Ability to work independently but know when to seek advice
- Creative and innovative
- Computer literate
Already registered with us? E-mail us or call us on 0300 365 9950 to get involved.