Opportunity of the Week @ Save the Children UK
This week's featured volunteer opportunity is:
- Prepare and provide talks on Save the Children at events around London
- Encourage audiences to support Save the Children in ways that are appropriate to them
- Be familiar with our Speaker resource materials, using the internet to access up-to-date information and reaching out to support team as needed
- Respond to requests for talks and be willing to attend updating/training sessions
- Maintain contact with you local Speaking Out Leader & Speaking Out support team updating them on the outcomes of your talks, audience preferences etc
Benefits to the Volunteer
The satisfaction of promoting the work of an international children's charity active in over 120 countries worlwide campaigning for the rights of children, fighting child poverty, hunger and disease and providing protection and education. Speakers would be able to hone their public speaking skills and come into contact with schools, businesses, clubs and other organisations throughout Wandsworth and across London.
Skills & Qualifications Required
This role would suit someone who has experience speaking in front of groups as well as is outgoing with strong interpersonal skills. We are looking for people who are IT confident and who have access to the internet and email. To sign up as an Speaking Out volunteer you need to be over 18 years.
To apply for this opportunity, please complete a registration form.
Already registered with us? E-mail us or call us on 0300 365 9950 to get involved.