Ready, Steady â€¦Commissioned!
This conference will prepare voluntary / community sector organisations that support the emotional wellbeing of children in schools to become commissioning ready.
22 March 2013 - Prospero House, London Bridge SE1 1GA (10am – 4.30pm).
Please note that the conference is fully subsidised and that lunch and refreshments will also be provided. Place2Be is the leading provider of school based emotional and mental health support services across the UK – reaching over 64,000 children, their families and teachers. Place2Be - as a Strategic Partner of BOND - has been asked to share its knowledge and expertise around commissioning within the context of schools, and around what organisations need to do to become commissioning ready. BOND was initiated by the Department for Education in 2011 – its purpose is to build the capacity of the voluntary and community sector to provide early intervention mental health services for children and young people in schools and other settings.
The conference will offer participants:
- An understanding of what is required to be ‘commissioning ready’ within the school commissioning landscape.
- The opportunity to self-reflect on current strengths and identify areas for development within each participating organisation, and an action plan to become ‘commissioning ready’.
- Through a range of masterclass options – a personalised ‘up-skilling programme’ - to start to gain knowledge in those areas requiring development. The master class topics include:
- Commissioning and Working with Outcomes;
- Finance and Fundraising;
- Assessment and Formulation;
- The Young Person’s Voice;
- Supervision and Clinical Accountability;
- Collaborative Working within Schools.
- Increased confidence to engage with commissioners.
- Increased ability to submit successful tenders/bids.
Who should attend the conference?
The conference is open to all community and voluntary organisations that support the emotional wellbeing of children in schools.