Vintage Communities Meet-up
You are invited to join with a group of local volunteers, on Monday March 11th at 7pm in St Anselm’s Church Hall (off Tooting Bec Road). We want to talk about what is good about living in Balham and Tooting Bec and to explore how we can make it an even better place together.
- Do you have stories to share?
- Do you have an idea for a project that involves local people?
- Do you have a special skill or hobby that you would like to share with others or something you would like to learn?
We will be working with neighbours this year on an exciting new project that aims to foster stronger neighbourhood links across the generations and community. We feel that communities are richer when everyone feels they belong. We want everyone to feel welcome, older, younger, working or not, people of all and different abilities, faiths and persuasions.
Some of the ideas we are exploring include:
- Learning computer skills from others with more experience
- A local History project
- Neighbours helping neighbours (e.g. shopping, changing a light bulb)
But we are sure there are more things people would like to be involved in.
Please join us on Monday March 11th at 7.00pm to find out more about what we can achieve together.
With best wishes,
Deborah Klée & Marc Mordey, on behalf of your neighbours in Balham and Tooting Bec.
RSVP: 07973 214226 (or simply come along on the evening) If you are interested but cannot come on this evening please ring Marc on the above number or email. firstname.lastname@example.org. Escorts and transport can be arranged if required.