Opportunity of the Week @ SHARE Community
This week's featured volunteer opportunity is:
Catering Teaching Assistant Volunteer, SHARE Community
Are you skilled in the kitchen?
Would you like to support disabled people increase their confidence in their own kitchens?
We have lots of eager students queuing up to learn about basic food preparation and food hygiene. The catering project is run by an experienced Catering Tutor, who needs a little bit of support with running lessons and encouraging students to fulfill their potential. We do need you to have a Level 1 Food Hygiene certificate, some catering experience and a real desire to want to work with disabled people from a variety of backgrounds.
The lessons run Mondays and Tuesdays from 10am - 4pm, so if you can commit some time during these hours to support a class of excited catering students, we'd love to hear from you!
Benefits to the Volunteer
In return for you giving up your time for us, we will fully support you in your role - we provide lunch, reasonable travel expenses and a reference. We hope you will gain both soft and hard skills from your time with us. Developing your communication, initiative and skills in the kitchen. It'll also look good on your CV!
Skills & Qualifications Required
- Level 1 Food Hygiene Certificate.
- Experience of working in catering.
- Experience of working with people from different backgrounds and abilities.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Good team working skills and the ability to motivate people
- A strong commitment to the inclusion of disabled people in all aspects of life, including employment.
- The ability to work within a framework that values diversity and a commitment to Equal Opportunities.
To apply for this opportunity, please complete a registration form.
Already registered with us? E-mail us or call us on 0300 365 9950 to get involved.