Opportunity of the Week @ Thomas Pocklington Trust
This week's featured volunteer opportunity is:
Talking News Sound Engineer, Thomas Pocklington Court
- Recording the Wandsworth Talking Newspaper and reading live in the studio
- To prepare the studio for the live recording of the Talking Newspaper
- To check the sound levels or the reader's voice prior to live recording
- Record, edit and monitor the sound quality and manage the live recording session of the Wandsworth Talking Newspaper
- Ensure the Master copy is given to the audio copier for duplication
Benefits to the Volunteer
- Learning and developing basic recording studio skills
- Knowing that your contribution will ensure enjoyment in the lives of our listeners
- The enjoyment of meeting new people
- The opportunity to gain experience of the voluntary and charity sector
Skills & Qualifications Required
- Be punctual and reliable in attending recording sessions.
- Be able to work as part of a team.
- Be self-motivated and confident in working alone.
- Ability to operate simple recording and sound equipment with training.
- Being able to maintain a good level of concentration over a period of time.
- Being able to give clear instruction whilst under time constraints.
- Have a good sense of humour.
Already registered with us? E-mail us or call us on 0300 365 9950 to get involved.