Opportunity of the Day @ Volunteering Wandsworth
Today's featured volunteer opportunity is:
Brokerage Outreach Volunteer, Volunteering Wandsworth
Are you looking for gaining experience in advising and office administration? Are you looking for a volunteer opportunity to allow you to develop and build on your skills?
Being a Brokerage Outreach Volunteer for our organisation can give you the experience you are looking for.
Volunteering Wandsworth will train you in the fundamentals of advising and office administration and support you to develop your skills and your confidence.
You will build experience of:
- working with a wide range of people;
- a flexible open approach;
- strong organisational, communication and presentation skills;
- a positive and generous attitude towards diversity;
- office administration and IT;
- database administration;
- dealing with telephone and email enquiries;
The training provided by Volunteering Wandsworth will include:
- Health & Safety for Volunteering;
- On the role training.
Skills & Qualifications Required
- Microsoft Word & Excel, email and Internet;
- previous experience of office administration;
- able to communicate effectively, orally and in writing;
- good telephone manner;
- able to prioritise own workload, good organisational skills;
- able to be assertive and cope with challenging situations;
- ability to work independently or as part of a team;
- ability to advise clients about volunteering to help them to chose a suitable volunteering experience;
- prepared to make a commitment to the Volunteer Involving Organisation's values;
- attention to detail;
- tact and discretion in handling sensitive or personal information;
- approachable, enthusiastic, driven, punctual;
- database/data entry;
- an awareness of Volunteering Wandsworth and what the organisation does;
- experience of operating in a multi-cultural and diverse environment;
- an awareness of additional support needs.
Already registered with us? E-mail us or call us on 0300 365 9950 to get involved.