Opportunity of the Day @ Thomas Pocklington Trust
Today's featured volunteer opportunity is:
Gardening Group Assistant, Thomas Pocklington Trust
To assist visually impaired residents in pursuing their interest in gardening in the grounds of Pocklington Court in Roehampton. Helping residents creating pots and hanging baskets of plants. Assisting in the planting and developing of a vegetable patch. Helping prepare ground by digging and laving of compost.
Benefits to the Volunteer
- Develop organisational and communication skills
- Gain knowledge and experience of the care sector and dealing with people with sight loss
- Opportunity for social contact and interaction with others
- Travel expenses will be reimbursed
- Enjoyment of meeting new people
- Opportunity to work within a professional environment whilst making a positive difference to the lives of our service users
Skills & Qualifications Required
- An interest in gardening and enthusiasm for developing a new gardening project to enable people with sight loss to grow plans and/or vegetables.
- A good team player with excellent communication skills.
- Excellent organisation skills with the ability to work without close supervision where appropriate.
- Have an interest in working with people who have a variety of abilities and are sensitive and understanding of the needs of people with sight loss.
Already registered with us? E-mail us or call us on 0300 365 9950 to get involved.