Opportunity of the Week @ The GAP Youth Club
This week's featured volunteer opportunity is:
Volunteer Youth Worker, The GAP Youth Club
The role involves:
- Building relationships with young people, which enable them to explore and make sense of their experiences.
- Assisting with the identification of the needs of young people.
- Working with young people to design, develop and deliver activities, projects and events underpinned by the youth service curriculum.
- To also be fully aware of the principles of safeguarding as they apply to vulnerable adults in relation to your work role.
Benefits to the Volunteer
- Support & supervision to develop youth work skills
- Access to council training opportunities
Skills & Qualifications Required
- A grounded and thought through understanding of LGBTq issues.
- An understanding and experience of group work with young people.
- The skills to handle sensitive issues including those relating to sexuality and personal relationships, in an appropriate, professional and confidential manner.
- Direct Youth Work experience
- A Youth work qualification
- An up to date CRB would be desirable
We are currently seeking Male and FTM Trans volunteers as we already have a full quota of female volunteers.
Already registered with us? E-mail us or call us on 0300 365 9950 to get involved.