Opportunity of the Week @ The Challenge Network
This week's featured volunteer opportunity is:
Project Volunteer, The Challenge Network
As a Project Volunteer, you will:
- Support the Challenge Mentor, who will have worked with the team of young people earlier in the summer.
- Build rapport with young people and use your experiences to be an inspiring role model.
- Support one team of twelve young people as they prepare for and deliver their project to bring together the local community through fundraising, campaigning or social action initiatives.
Benefits to the Volunteer
This is an excellent opportunity to work with a positive and vibrant team and to be involved in an exciting programme that has tangible results. You will get a chance to be part of a programme that creates memorable experiences for young people that could last a lifetime.
The role is demanding and fast-paced but highly rewarding for the right individuals. It allows you to deepen your leadership experience in a complex and demanding programme.
This is a volunteer role. Reasonable travel expenses will be paid to and from each of the four days of the project.
Skills & Qualifications Required
Volunteers must demonstrate the following skills and characteristics:
- Belief in the potential of young people
- Ability to build a rapport with young people
- Energy and enthusiasm to serve as a role model for spirited and diverse young people
- Willingness to take responsibility for delivering a providing a safe experience for participants
- The persistence and flexibility to thrive in a fluid environment
We also look for volunteers to show The Challenge characteristics. These are:
- Trust-building: Works hard to build trust with people. Brings people together in the community
- Responsibility-taking: Takes responsibility for actions and attitudes. Claims and solves problems in the community
- Understanding and Empathy: Works to understand others; their strengths, fears and needs.
- Ready to stand up for someone who is different
- All staff who work on The Challenge programme must have prior to starting work a returned enhanced
- Criminal Records Bureau (CRB) disclosure dated since 1 April 2012 and two satisfactory references regarding their suitability to work with young people
Already registered with us? E-mail us or call us on 0300 365 9950 to get involved.