Opportunity of the Week @ Groundwork London
This week's featured volunteer opportunity is:
Children's Network Volunteer, Groundwork London
This is an exciting opportunity to play a leading role in the development and oversight of a network of organisations working with children in the London Borough of Wandsworth. Based out of our Waterloo office, the volunteer will assist staff with the promotion of the network, administration of the project database, production of network communications and oversight of the website and social media. As the tasks will be varied, this role will be a great way to not only get involved in supporting a worthwhile project but will also be a great CV builder
Benefits to the Volunteer
Groundwork are committed to providing volunteers with access to work experience and learning to support them to build their knowledge and skills of working within cutting edge community projects.
As a volunteer, you will work closely with your line manager to identify learning and development needs and to agree to short, medium and long term goals. We see this opportunity as a great way to not only contribute to valuable work but also as an excellent chance to build upon existing skills and learn new ones.
Skills & Qualifications Required
- Appropriate knowledge and experience of engaging local communities
- Ability to utilise and maintain databases
- Able to effectively utilise and manage the internet, email and social networking tools
- Self starter and able to work effectively on own
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Understanding and commitment to diversity and equal opportunities
- Knowledge of and ability to encourage people to take part in events
- Able to work effectively within a team
Already registered with us? E-mail us or call us on 0300 365 9950 to get involved.