Opportunity of the Week @ Fresh Start Housing
This week's featured volunteer opportunity is:
Business Administrator Volunteer, Fresh Start Housing
We require a reliable, dedicated and outgoing person to welcome and greet visitors to the Fresh Start Housing.
Fresh Start Housing is a London based homeless charity helping place those in urgent need of housing into private rented accommodation. We are looking to take on a volunteer interested in acquiring reception/administrative skills.
You will be required to cover reception duties, manage incoming calls providing clients with basic information, switchboard management and other simple office admin tasks.
As part of the Fresh Start team, you will be helping to:
- Process client registrations, answering telephone queries, including greeting and welcoming visitors, arranging property viewings;
- Assist to set up, monitor and review admin systems, processes, policies and procedures;
- Provide admin duties such as dealing with correspondence, filing, taking notes and typing;
- Other relevant admin duties in line with the role or requested by the Line Manager;
Benefits to the Volunteer
- Experience within public and private property sector.
- Travel expenses reimbursed.
- Real life business experience and knowledge.
- Opportunities for a lot of personalisation to the role, skills can be aquired from any area of the business as time goes on.
Skills & Qualifications Required
- A positive attitude and can-do approach
- Good communication skills
- Fluent English
Please note role may change due to individual strengths and can change depending on which area you'd like to work within!
Already registered with us? E-mail us or call us on 0300 365 9950 to get involved.