Opportunity of the Week @ Disability Sports Coach
This week's featured volunteer opportunity is:
Disability Sports Club Volunteer, Disability Sports Coach
Disability Sports Coach (DSC) is a charity that provides a professional coaching service for disabled people throughout the UK. We offer coaching from grass roots to international level at mainstream schools, special schools, clubs, other charities & organisations. We deliver sports to all disability groups regardless of ability.
We are currently looking for sports volunteers to help assist within our DSC Community Clubs at Wandsworth. This role will be a voluntary, once a week from 5:00 - 6:30pm at Battersea Sports Centre, helping aid the provision of sports sessions for young adults with disabilities.
- To help the delivery of DSC Community Club multi-sport sessions.
- To provide support for both DSC Coach and participants in all sports.
- To support any administration duties, if needed, at the session including registration details.
Benefits to the Volunteer
The opportunity to undertake a 6 hour Adapted Sports Course free of charge (skills active accredited). The course gives individuals the ability to deliver five adapted sports: polybat, table cricket, goalball, new age kurling and boccia.
The volunteers will also have the opportunity to work closely with young adults who have disabilities that reside in the borough of Wandsworth and see them grow, develop and make new friends.
Skills & Qualifications Required
- No qualifications are necessary, however an enjoyment of sport and exercise is vital.
- Experience of working with those with disabilities is welcome, but not necessary.
- Volunteers need to be flexible, encouraging, enthusiastic and willing to be involved.
To apply for this opportunity, please complete a registration form.
Already registered with us? E-mail us or call us on 0300 365 9950 to get involved.