Opportunity of the Week @ Hestia Age Activity Centre
This week's featured volunteer opportunity is:
Volunteer Cook's Assistant, Hestia Age Activity Centre
This vibrant centre has a particular focus on elders in Wandsworth. Some centre users have mental health issues and some have physical disabilities. They come to the centre for lunch and activities Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays and Fridays.
A volunteer is required to support the head cook to provide lunches for the members of the centre. This is a great opportunity for someone interested in a career in the catering industry.
A volunteer is required three days a week (Tuesdays, Wednesdays and one other day) from 10am - 3pm. We would hope that volunteers would be able to commit to the role for at least three months.
- Menu Planning
- Assisting with food preperation
- Washing up and keeping kitchen area clean
- Carrying out phone orders
- Shopping for fresh produce from the local market
- Occassionally covering head cook duties
Benefits to the Volunteer
What you can expect from Hestia:
- Induction and training will be provided to carry out the role including a Food Handling Certificate and Food Hygiene Certificate
- Access to Hestia staff core training
- Central volunteer induction day
- A full programme of volunteer training
- Access to training provided by Wandsworth Council
- Supervision and support
- Lunch provided at centre and travel expenses will be reimbursed.
Skills & Qualifications Required
- Cooking experience is desirable but not essential
- Able to work quickly under pressure
- Awareness of health and safety issues
- Reliable, patient and friendly personality and good communication skills
To apply for this opportunity, please complete a registration form.
Already registered with us? E-mail us or call us on 0300 365 9950 to get involved.