Trustee Opportunity of the Day @ South London Relief-in-Sickness Fund
In celebration of Trustees' Week, today's featured trustee opportunity is:
Trustee, South London Relief-In-Sickness Fund
To be a trustee on the South London Relief in Sickness Fund which meets quarterly to distribute one off grants to individuals living in the boroughs of Lambeth and Wandsworth, who have a long term disability of sickness. Applications are received usually from local voluntary organisations or statutory bodies. Approximately £15,000 per annum is distributed to approximately about 100 people.
Experience in decision making as part of a team; setting priorities; contributing to your local community, and experience of committee work.
Skills & Qualifications Required
- assess and make value judgements on the applications submitted;
- read and understand the applications received;
- attend quarterly meetings regularly; to have an understanding of the range of disabilities and diversity of the population of Lambeth and Wandsworth;
- live or work in Lambeth or Wandsworth.
Also desirable will be:
- some experience in the wider health and social care field;
- some experience in investment/financial matters;
- experience in dealing with the wider public;
- experience of committee work.
To apply for this opportunity, please complete a registration form.
Already registered with us? E-mail us or call us on 0300 365 9950 to get involved.