Opportunity of the Week @ RNIB
This week's featured volunteer opportunity is:
Technology Support Volunteer, Royal National Institute for Blind People (RNIB)
Do you have a passion for the unlimited possibilities that technology can bring? Would you like to open up a world of opportunities for blind and partially sighted people?
We need more volunteers who understand and can help blind and partially sighted people make better use of technology in their homes and lead more independent lives. This may include programming a new mobile phone or demonstrating audio description equipment.
This roles requires an Enhanced DBS Check.
Benefits to the Volunteer
- The opportunity to share your interest in technology with others and troubleshoot problems
- A sense of satisfaction from helping to improve the independence of blind and partially sighted people
- Meeting new people in your local area
- The opportunity to network and share knowledge with other members of the Technology Support Squad across the country
Skills & Qualifications Required
- An interest in technology innovations and a willingness to keep up to date with advancements
- Computer literate
- Ability to identify problems, research solutions and troubleshoot where possible
- Friendliness, enthusiasm and reliability
- Willingness to travel locally to visit blind and partially sighted people
Already registered with us? E-mail us or call us on 0300 365 9950 to get involved.