Silverfit launches in Southwark
On Saturday 26th April SilverFit will be launching in Burgess Park, Southwark and would like to invite you to come along, show your support and to get involved!
Silverfit is a charity aiming to get those over 45 exercising to ensure they stay fit, happy and healthy well into older age. The charity has been running successful Silver Tuesday’s in Hyde Park for almost a year and has now secured funding and support to bring the sessions to Burgess Park.
‘As a 71 year old who is passionate about sport I am keen to see residents in Southwark develop a similar enthusiasm for activity’ says SilverFit ambassador Jane Morgan.
The first Silver Tuesday will take place on Tuesday 29th April but SilverFit will be officially launching the project on Saturday 26th and would love you to join them. Members of SilverFit will be in the park taking part in the park run from 8:45 – and will be joined by the actor Iain Glen, who is currently featuring in Game of Thrones, and twins Annie and Charlotte Emmerson. From 10.00am Iain, Annie and Charlotte will be helping SilverFit members to demonstrate some of the activities on offer to older residents including walking, cycling, pilates and Nordic walking. Prior to that Annie and Jane will be joining the Burgess Parkrun
The timings for the day are as followed:
· 8.45, assemble at beginning of Parkrun. http://www.parkrun.org.uk/burgess/course/ SE50RJ
· 9.45 celebrate SilverFit Ambassador Jane’s 50th Parkrun at about 9.45 (café near Tennis courts )
· 10.15 move towards the lake area and Parklife café (5-10 mins walk) SE57JZ), and welcome from Silverfit
· 10.30 Photos: Pilates in Chumleigh Gardens, then Nordic walking, walking, biking, photos around lake
· Coffee, relax and enjoy the fantastic Burgess Park!
For more information, please contact Jane Morgan at firstname.lastname@example.org