Online Essentials for Self Help Groups
Set up a Facebook page and website for your group
Dates: Thursday 19th and Thursday 26th June 2014
Time: 10.30am – 12.30pm
Venue: Mercy Foundation Centre, 64 Falcon Road, Battersea, SW11 2LR (entrance just off Falcon Road, opposite Afghan Road – see map: https://goo.gl/maps/EMI69)
Whether your aim is to recruit new members, publicise your cause or communicate better with your group, learn to take control of your online presence with these two consecutive workshops. You will leave the workshops with a facebook page and basic website for your group, built with our support.
Week 1 – Thursday 19th June - Social Media Basics
- Discover the benefits of social media and why it matters
- Decide whether social media is right for you
- Set up a Facebook page that reflects your group’s aims and mission
- Start posting, liking, sharing, commenting and gaining new friends and followers
Week 2 – Thursday 26th June – Build a Website
- Build a free simple website for your group using Wordpress
- Add text, images and links
- Create a custom menu
- Create log-ins for other members of your group
- No experience necessary. Our team will guide you through each step and show you creating a website is easier than you think!
NB these workshops are computer-based and basic computer and internet literacy is essential.