Volunteer Tutors needed!
Action Tutoring are looking for volunteers to tutor during the Autumn and Spring terms for an hour a week for 6-8 weeks. Action Tutoring work with schools across London- in some schools the tuition takes place on Saturday mornings starting at 10am, in other schools the programme runs during the week after school. Action Tutoring can find a school that will best fit your schedule, and will be most convenient for you to travel to.
You can volunteer to tutor in either English, Maths or Science. A short training session will be provided, as well as resources to help you tutor, including past papers, sample answers and tips on tutoring.
Our next round of 6-8 week programmes start in late April and include the following
- Bethnal Green Academy, Bethnal Green. Saturdays, 10-11am
- City of London Academy, Bermondsey. Wednesdays 3:15-4:15pm (Maths Only)
- Conisborough College, Lewisham. Saturdays, 10-11.30am (6 sessions only)
- Eastside Young Leaders Academy, Forest Gate. Wednesdays, 5-6pm
- Elizabeth Garrett Anderson School, Angel. Wednesdays, 8.45-10.25am
- Ian Mikardo High School, Bromley-by-Bow. Mondays, 11am-12:30pm (Maths Only)
- Lambeth Academy, Clapham. Tuesdays, 3:30-4:30pm (Maths Only)
- Lambeth Academy, Clapham Common. Fridays, 3:15-4:15pm (Science Only)
- Northumberland Park School, Tottenham. Tuesdays, during school day (Maths Only)
- Prendergast Ladywell Fields College, Ladywell. Wednesdays (Maths Only)
- Saint Gabriel's College, Camberwell. Wednesdays, 3-4pm, Maths & English, starting April 30th
- Riverley Primary School, Leyton. Wednesday Mornings. Maths & English - Primary School
- Programme- Year 6 pupils
- Riverley Primary School, Leyton. Saturday Mornings. Maths & English - Primary School
- Programme- Year 6 pupils
- One day sessions (9am-3pm):
- Battersea Park School, May 7th (English)
- Battersea Park School, June 6th (Maths)
- Lambeth Academy, June 6th (Maths)
- Lambeth Academy, June 12th (Maths)
- Easter Revision (9:30am-12:30):
- Battersea Park School, 16th & 17th April (English) 14th & 15th April (Maths)
Action Tutoring recruits volunteers to tutor pupils in schools across London, developing partnerships with schools and providing training for all volunteers. 2-1 tutoring within schools, to pupils on the C/D borderline in English, Maths or Science. Volunteers normally visit schools for one hour a week, for 6-8 weeks.
This opportunity will enable you to improve existing skills and experiences as well as to enable you to improve your employability. This is also a great opportunity to get involved in your community, to make a difference and help others reach thier potential.
Volunteers should be educated to degree level and an A Level in the subject you are seeking to tutor in is usually required. Experience working with young people is helpful but not essential.