Job: Office Administrator and Volunteer Coordinator
For Kingston based charity Momentum
Reporting to: Founder and Chief Executive
Weekly hours: 16-20 hours
Normal working days/times: 4 hours daily tbc
Momentum supports children, and their families, across Surrey and SW London who are faced with the diagnosis of cancer or another life-limiting condition. We offer practical and emotional support through our family support programme; provide holidays, trips and treats to help during the stress of treatment; and implement projects within hospitals to help enhance the healing environment. Momentum was founded in 2004 and the charity has an office in Kingston-upon-Thames, Surrey. At any one time, we support over 250 families.
We are at an exciting stage of our development, with a new website launching in the autumn and a new strategy for raising awareness and money to fund our growing range of services, trips and treats for families and children.
We are looking for an Office Administrator and Volunteer Coordinator to join our small, but growing, team. The main objectives of the role are to are to manage the day-to-day running of Momentum’s main office in Kingston-upon-Thames, and to recruit, coordinate and manage a team of local volunteers who can support fundraising and awareness activities.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Day-to-day running of the office, including IT, stationery, answering phone, post
- Coordinating office diary and work station calendar
- Ongoing maintenance and updating of charity database
- Management of charity stock and merchandise, stored on-site
- Provision of administrative support to Fundraising and Communications team, including thanking supporters, distributing fundraising materials to supporters, assistance at events
- Overseeing and developing systems and procedures that ensure we manage the contact we have with volunteers and prospective volunteers
- Ongoing coordination of volunteers for local community activities, as requested by members of the Fundraising and Communication team
You will have all round administrative skills with knowledge and experience of using Apple and Microsoft packages. You will have excellent interpersonal skills and be able to communicate effectively with people at all levels, both orally and in writing. Ideally you should also have some experience in events
administration, and enjoy building and maintaining relationships, both face to face and over the phone.
In addition you will have an ability to prioritise and manage busy workload, a willingness to undertake other responsibilities and be able to work both independently and as part of a team.
Experience of working in a charity is desirable although not essential.
Momentum is a fantastic, local organisation and we are a small, friendly team. The charity is growing and expanding into new areas, so this is an exciting time to join the team. This role could well suit a mum returning to work/working around school.
Send CV and covering email to Tara MacDowel firstname.lastname@example.org by 15 August.
Start date ideally 7 September 2015.
Hourly rate around £10 per hour dependant on experience.